Friday, January 18, 2013

The Concept: Windsor Kitchen

 
I love cooking. From planning a menu to buying ingredients to eating a meal I've prepared, cooking is one of my favorite daily activities. I have been writing a cooking blog for several months now at GroomsGrub.blogspot.com, but I wanted to have an arena to explore more than just my daily recipes. I want to improve my understanding of what goes into preparing a meal, not simply how to prepare it.

 
This outlet is Windsor Kitchen.

The idea behind Windsor Kitchen is to go beyond the typical food blog in order to better understand the food we eat, the recipes we prepare, the kitchen techniques we employ, and the tools we utilize. In order to explore these themes, I will break the posts into five distinct segments which will address each idea individually. The final post will be a dish which pieces together the prior segments. 



The Cut
These posts will discuss where the food from our local grocery stores is sourced. Ideas, such as butchering, harvesting, and manufacturing ingredients, will be explored.
 
The Dish
These posts will tie-in concepts from The Cut, The Recipe, The Technique, and when applicable, The Review in order to create a dish.
 
The Recipe
These posts will provide a history behind the recipe and its ingredients as well as a walk-through of the recipe.
 
The Review
These posts will discuss reviews of restaurants, food events, and kitchen equipment such as pans, knives, and machines.
 
The Technique
These posts will provide a step-by-step guide in various cooking techniques. The posts will also discuss potential recipe ideas as well as helpful tips.
 

 
Windsor Kitchen will focus on sustainable, healthy ingredients that form the basis for some of my favorite foods. From produce to meats to fish to desserts, the goal is to eat fresh, eat healthy, eat well, and, most importantly, enjoy cooking.
 
 
Please feel free get in touch with any questions, concerns, or ideas either through the comments section in the posts or email me directly at cookwithwindsorkitchen@gmail.com.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment