Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Lesson Learned: Basic Chopping


Chopping is perhaps the most basic, yet most incorrectly performed, task in any kitchen. When I first began to take cooking more seriously than “I am hungry and need to eat something”, I found that starting at the beginning was really starting with chopping. On my prior blog, one of my first posts was a tutorial on chopping an onion.

Jamie Oliver divides opinion like many celebrity chefs, but he is one of my favorite chefs for a number of reasons: he makes food that most people could make at home, he has the right attitude about health and nutrition, and, perhaps most importantly, he has so many videos for the home cook. The following videos from his website and YouTube channel will help teach all the home cooks out there the correct way to chop anything from onions, to zucchini, to herbs.     


No comments:

Post a Comment